Thursday 28 June 2012

I'm so blue....

..without you!
It's been almost 2 months since I've seen my DH and I'm missing him...so very much. He's in the merchant navy and those of you who remember i sailed with him last year for 6 months along the coast of Australia. It was wonderful. That's where I discovered stamps and patterned paper and all the lovely treasures of card making. He will be back by October and am eagerly waiting for him.

Now to get back to the card I made, it has a similar theme. Blue, black and white from The Play Date Cafe. And the sketch is from Clean and Simple - sketch 196.
                                      
                                         

                                            

And this is my take on the 2 challenges:


After I added the black squares and images, I felt the left side of the card was pretty empty. So I ran it through the cuttlebug and also scored 2 lines between the images and the embossing. Now it looked complete.
On the black strip, instead of a button, I stuck some white stars in the form of a flourish. It has a shine and so looks pinkish from an angle. I also added some butterflies continuing the image.
What do you think of my card?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...